Tuesday, June 13, 2006

sketch dump 06-13-2006

I was going to post a bunch of drawings, but I thought I could stretch them out over a few days.... 8 days to be exact.

Day 1.



This is what sketch pages of mine typically look like (...like you care). It's 100% completely unaltered. I find that these drawings are actually less about the "finished" drawing, but more about enjoying the liveliness of brush pen on slick copier paper. Lots of happy accidents occur, and it's a great way for me to experiment with design ideas and different types of mark making.

I also updated my links. They're completely unorganized, but they've been long over-due. The whole blog's going to be a-changing soon, so hold on to your pants.

I'm done. See you tomorrow.

listening to: The Raincoats, Black and White

3 comments:

Patrick said...

Hey Phil,

I love seeing this kind of stuff, looking forward to the others.

Witness said...

I too love scanning other's doodles. I'm glad to see there are more habitual sketchers out there (see sketchpot.blogspot.com) Keep on drawin!

Urban Barbarian said...

Great ink line you got there, Uncle!